Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Soundtracks



When I write, I like to create soundtracks for the project I’m working on.  Sometimes the songs I choose reflect the time of the script - lots of swing for J. Edgar Hoover - or comment on the plot or characters - lots of Queen for J. Edgar Hoover.  Brackets was defined by The Go Go’s, the Pixies, and the soundtrack for A Clockwork Orange.  Gods and Monsters had a lot of British pop and naturally a little Amanda Palmer.

The project I’m working on now is a difficult one, meant to evoke emotions that are going to be tough to take.  I won’t go into the specifics of what it’s about - not yet - but I will share the playlist.


A lot of hints in there, but not in the way you might expect.  The one thing they all have in common is the ability to put me in the world of the book I’m working on right now, exactly where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment